How often are we missing our life—our real and rich life—happening in the now because we are thinking of what’s next, where we want to go, what we hope for in the future?
I find that all of us humans are experiencing this on a regular basis—the temptation to live in the past or the future versus the practice of being here in the present. Yet, if we’re not aware, we miss the magic of all the simple things that life is presenting to us.
So, let us practice presence, shall we?
I invite you to ask yourself, “What do I want to savor more of in this season of my life? And what helps me do so?
How can you practice being more present in your life that is unfolding now? Here are a few suggestions:
- Be mindful of time on your technology. From the mindless scroll to constant text interruptions, find and honor what works for you.
- Spend time in nature. Nature is present to the season that it is in, and time in nature helps us come back to being more grounded and centered in the present moment.
- Meditate. Meditation is like fresh air for the mind, body, and spirit. Cultivate the quiet within and find the moment that is right with you now. I love the free meditation app Insight Timer.
- Get off the grid. Whether it’s gardening or a backpacking trip, more time invested in the spaces where the noise is muted and the quiet expands allows our presence in the now to grow.
- Get in the gratitude. Gratitude is a powerful habit for fostering present-time living. We are acknowledging the good in the now, seeing the blessings and the life present to us today. Gratitude fosters more gratitude and with it, presence.
I invite you to see these suggestions as practices—something that you come back to again and again. When your focus shifts and you find yourself distracted and out of the zone, you can gently guide yourself back to the present moment that is before you today.
I’m wishing you an amazing fall season.
Savor it. Soak it in. Allow it to be fully immersed in you.
Your real life is happening right now.
For more motivation, visit tiffanyspeaks.com.
► You’ll also like: The Power of Setting Your Intent: How to Create the Life You Want