What better way to say goodbye to July than with a fresh batch of good news moments! From a bucket-list baseball game to a one-of-a-kind pool party, these adorable and heartfelt moments are the perfect way to celebrate the summer before it slips away. Happy weekend, everyone!
1. Thanks to San Diego Padres player Fernando Tatis, this young baseball fan was able to check another item off of his unforgettable bucket list. Day made!
2. Puppy pool party! Are these not the three most adorable words you’ve read all summer?
3. At 94 years old, Martha Mae Ophelia Moon Tucker received the royal treatment thanks to her granddaughters. Martha was married in 1952, back when Black women weren’t allowed in bridal shops. We love the look on her face as she tries on a wedding gown for the very first time!
4. When this Moroccan street vendor’s cart broke, everyone rushed to help him gather up his fruit. Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers!
5. Peggy is the biggest flamingo fan out there, so when the San Antonio Zoo heard that she was in hospice care for pancreatic cancer, they brought a flamingo for her to see up close. What a beautiful experience!
6. Recently, 14-year-old Zaila Avant-garde made headlines as the first African American winner of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. If you haven’t seen the moment when she realizes that she’s the winner, you’re in for a treat!
Want to keep the good vibes flowing? Check out last week’s round-up!