Another week of 2021 is in the books! Take some time to relax, soak up the summer sun, and find your happy place with these good news moments from Instagram. Sending good vibes and positivity your way!
1. When this teacher’s shoes were stolen from his classroom, some students pooled together their money to buy him a replacement pair. So touching!
2. This daughter flew to Washington to surprise her dad after not being able to see him for three years, and his reaction is everything!
3. What happens when strangers come together and spend a couple of hours learning a new dance? This fun flash mob will put a smile on your face!
4. Karen Cunningham knew that it would be difficult to balance her research duties as a biology graduate student at MIT while caring for her newborn baby, Katie. Then things got even harder when Katie’s daycare closed down due to the pandemic. Without family around, she was at a loss for what to do. Cunningham’s lab professor, Troy Littleton, and nine other graduate students pitched in to buy Katie a crib so that she could spend time in the lab with her mom.
5. When Norm turned 99, he thought that everyone forgot his birthday or couldn’t show up due to COVID-19. But he was in for a sweet surprise! The whole town showed up for a drive-by celebration. BRB, crying happy tears!
6. Samuel Ordonez had to miss his kindergarten graduation due to being in the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) for cardiac care, so the child-life team at Holtz Children’s Hospital and Samuel’s medical team banded together to throw a graduation party. They presented Samuel with his graduation certificate and celebrated with bubbles and music.
7. Henry the dog and Baloo the cat are the best of friends and share an unusual bond. When the furry pair hikes the outdoors together with their owners, Baloo prefers to lay on top of Henry during their adventures. Sometimes you can even find Baloo sleeping on Henry’s head. What an adorable odd couple!